Welcome to the DeKalb County School District Early Learning Center (Pre-K3) and Pre-Kindergarten 2022-2023 Online Application
Before you begin the online application process please gather the required documents and information. Eligible birthdates for the 2022-2023 Early Learning Center Pre-K3 are September 2, 2018- September 1, 2019. Eligible birthdates for the 2022-2023 Pre-Kindergarten lottery are September 2, 2017- September 1, 2018.
New to DeKalb County School District
1. Parent’s email address is needed to apply online
2. Upload required documents listed below
3. Check your email and/or parent electronic dashboard for notification
4. If awarded a seat, accept or decline your seat within 14 days
5. If accepted, upload the required additional documents to your account during the Enrollment Window, April 11-29, 2022
6. If you are placed on a Waitlist, monitor your email closely for seat assignment possibility and further directions
7. Children will not be formally enrolled in the Pre-Kindergarten program until parents and/or guardians have completed the registration process. Children who do not attend the first day of school before 10 AM will forfeit their space in the Pre-K class.
Documents Needed for Pre-K3 and Pre-K
Documents required to be uploaded during the online application process in order for your application to be considered for the lottery.
1. Proof of birth (Your child must be three years old on or before September 1, 2022 to attend the Early Learning Center. Your child must be four years old on or before September 1, 2022)- Original certified birth certificate, Hospital Record of Live Birth, Green Card, Pink Card or Federal I-94 Card; or child’s passport (Copies of these documents are not accepted)
2. Proof of legal guardianship (If applicable)- Only required if your name is not on the child's birth certificate
3. Parent/Guardian proof of identification- Valid state or government issued photo ID, such as a Georgia Driver’s license, or a valid U.S. passport ID
4. Proof of Parent/Guardian Georgia Residency*-Mortgage or lease/rental agreement in your name, OR an electric, gas, or water bill in your name, cable and phone bills are not acceptable.
*If you are living with someone and you do not have a lease, mortgage or utility bill in your name, you must submit the following: A signed and notarized Affidavit of Residency AND a lease/mortgage statement or utility bill in the name of the person that you are living with AND a form of mail in the name of the child’s guardian showing a matching address to the affidavit.
If you receive electronic notification that your child’s name was selected, then you must accept the seat online and upload the following documents (#5-#8) during the Enrollment Window April 11-29, 2022 for your assigned school.
5. Child’s original Social Security Card OR “Waiver”- If a waiver is needed, it will be provided to you during the enrollment window
6. Child’s Peachcare card, Medicaid card, health insurance card, EBT card (food stamps) and/or TANF (If applicable)
7. Immunization Certificate (3231)
8. Vision, Hearing, Nutrition, and Dental Screening Certificate (3300)
Pre-K3 and Pre-K seat assignments are contingent upon validation of required documents.
Further Information Regarding Pre-K3 or Pre-K
If you still have questions regarding Pre-K3 at the Early Learning Center, you can visit the FAQ's page at https://www.dekalbschoolsga.org/early-learning-initiative/
If you still have questions regarding Pre-K, you can visit the FAQ's page at https://www.dekalbschoolsga.org/pre-k/
NOTE: Making changes from mobile phones.
This software system has not been optimized for Mobile phone data entry and display. Please submit application data from a Desktop or Laptop computer with a readable screen.